GOIN' HOME

Goin’ Home, Goin’ Home, I'm a Goin’ Home;
Quiet-like, some still day, I'm jes' Goin’ Home.
It's not far, jes' close by,
Through an open door;
Work all done, care laid by,
Gwine to fear no more.

Mother's there 'spectin' me,
Father's waitin' too;
Lots o' folk gather'd there,
All the friends I knew,
All the friends I knew.
Home, I'm Goin’ Home!

Nothin lost, all's gain,
No more fret nor pain,
No more stumblin' on the way,
No more longin' for the day,
Gwine (or Going) to roam no more!
Mornin' star lights the way,
Res'less dream all done;
Shadows gone, break o' day,
Real life jes' begun.
Dere's no break, ain't no end,

Jes' a livin' on;
Wide awake, with a smile
Goin' on and on.

Goin’ Home, Goin’ Home, I'm jes' Goin’ Home.
It's not far, jes' close by
Through an open door.
I'm a Goin’ Home.
I'm jes' Goin’ Home.

[copyright 1922 by Oliver Ditson Company]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorial Service for Mary Ellen Ryder